My name is Nerys and I am pleased to offer a psychological service in Frodsham, Cheshire. As a Counselling Psychologist I am trained in a range of counselling and psychotherapy models and work with individuals, couples and groups. I incorporate in my work a range of therapies which have been researched and proven to be effective. At the heart of working as a Counselling Psychologist is the belief that each individual is unique, therefore each approach I take with every client will be different. I use the most effective evidence based research and methods to bring clarity and hope back into your life.
With over ten years of rigorous education and training, I am highly skilled in offering expertise in dealing with a broad range of psychological difficulties.
I have worked within a women’s refuge, a prison, a secure setting within a forensic psychiatric hospital, and (CAMHS) Child Adolescent Mental Health Service. I currently work in an adult NHS service working with individuals who have moderate to complex mental health difficulties.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Trauma and Complex Trauma
- Anxiety disorders such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social anxiety and excessive worrying
- Relationship difficulties (divorce, separation, affairs)
- Overwhelming emotions
- Grief and loss
- Chronic pain
- Anger management
- Confidence and issues with self-esteem
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Person Centred Counselling
How therapy works
Psychological difficulties can develop for many reasons which is what I aim to identify within our sessions. I help individuals find ways to live their life despite the causes and alongside the symptoms.
I carry out an initial assessment that looks at the problems and difficulties you are having and identify your goals for therapy. Together we will agree how many sessions you may need and the therapeutic approaches that will be suitable to get you those results.
Costs for therapy sessions can be discussed upon enquiry.
I have completed a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited course in clinical supervision for counsellors and psychologists at the University of Manchester.
Supervision sessions will be conducted remotely via Zoom.
Please enquire for further details regarding availability and cost.
1 Ship Street