About the Service
Dr Nerys Owen and Associates offer an online psychological service as well as in person sessions in Frodsham, Cheshire.
We work with individuals, couples and groups and incorporate a range of therapies which have been researched and proven to be effective.
At the heart of our service is the belief that everyone is unique, therefore each approach we take with every client will be different. We use the most effective evidence-based research and methods to help you reach your personal therapeutic goals.
With over ten years of rigorous education and training, we are highly skilled in offering expertise in dealing with a broad range of psychological difficulties.
We have worked within a varitety of services, including a women’s refuge, a prison, a secure setting within a forensic psychiatric hospital, (CAMHS) Child Adolescent Mental Health Service, and within adult NHS services working with individuals who have moderate to complex mental health difficulties.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Trauma and Complex Trauma
- Anxiety disorders such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social anxiety and excessive worrying
- Relationship difficulties (divorce, separation, affairs)
- Overwhelming emotions
- Grief and loss
- Chronic pain
- Anger management
- Confidence and issues with self-esteem
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Person Centred Counselling
- Schema Therapy
How therapy works
Psychological difficulties can develop for many reasons which is what we aim to identify within our sessions. We help individuals find ways to live their life despite the causes and alongside the symptoms.
We carry out an initial assessment that looks at the problems and difficulties you are having and identify your goals for therapy. Together we will agree how many sessions you may need and the therapeutic approaches that will be suitable to get you those results.
Costs for therapy sessions can be discussed upon enquiry.
We are able to offer online Supervision. Please enquire for further details regarding availability and cost.
Please enquire for further details regarding availability and cost.
1 Ship Street